Yields 4 Servings
- 12 oz walnuts (pulsed & finely ground in food processor)
- ½ cup oats (finely ground into a powder)
- ½- 1 cup pureed dates (hydrate in boiling water until soft)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ cup coconut flakes (optional)
- 2 cups cashews (Cover cashews with boiling water and leave to soften for 15 minutes, strain)
- 1 lemon (zested & juiced)
- 1 can coconut milk (shake well)
- ¼- ½ cup honey
- Combine ingredients together in a bowl.
- Line a pan with tin foil. Press a ¼ - ½ inch layer into base of the pan. You can bake to set (7-10 minutes at 350 F) or leave raw. If you bake it, allow it to cool before pouring the cheesecake base.
- Puree all ingredients in a food processor or a Vita Mix until smooth.
- Adjust to taste by adding more lemon zest or date paste. And continue to puree for desired smoothness.
- Pour over the crust and allow to set up for 4-6 hours in the freezer or overnight.