Yields 3 Cups
Note: Creates the most unusual fruit salad or cocktail!
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- ~32 coriander seeds
- 2 each star anise
- 2 pinches saffron
- 2 cardamom pods
- 2 cloves (whole)
- 1 vanilla bean (optional--cut in half, do not scrape)
- rose water to taste
- Toast coriander and cardamom pods in a sauté pan, remove to a small bowl and crush pods with the back of a spoon.
- Add all of the ingredients, except for the rose water, back into the sauté pan and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to a simmer for 1 minute.
- Take off the heat, squeeze the vanilla seeds into the water, and place into a blender for 2 minutes.
- Strain seeds. Allow to cool and add rose water to taste.
*Options: Pour over grilled Pineapple and allow to marinate for a few hours. Serve with diced granny smith apples, pomegranate seeds and top with vanilla ice cream.