Yields 2 Dozen
- 3/4 cup pitted Dates (cover with boiling water for 5-10 minutes, reserve liquid)
- 3 cups Oats, rolled
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 Orange, zested and juiced
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 3/4 cup 100% all-fruit preserves, such as cherry or apricot
*Option - mini chocolate chips, cocoa powder (½ cup) and any nut butter that you prefer.
- In a food processor or blender, grind oats into a flour consistency; transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Transfer dates and reserved 1/2 cup soaking liquid to food processor and purée until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients, except the fruit preserves to the bowl with oats, kneading together to make a dough.
- Roll dough into balls, transferring them to a parchment paper-lined sheet tray when done. Make an indentation in the middle of each cookie by pressing down with your thumb.
- Spoon a bit of fruit preserves into each indentation and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.