- 3/4 cup and 2 Tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tbsp. flaxseed meal mixed w 1/4 Cup water
- 1 cup and 4 Tbsp. sweetener (date or apricot paste or 1/2 white 1/2 brown sugar)
- 1 Tbsp. Ener-G egg replacer mixed w 1/4 Cup water
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups whole wheat pastry flour or 2 1/4 Cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. finely ground sea salt
- 2 cups 70% cocoa(+) chocolate chips or chunks
LET'S GET STARTED!
- Hydrate the flax meal in hot water, whisk, set aside.
- Combine the applesauce, sugar, vanilla and spices, set aside.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Whisk the egg replacer with warm water, whisk until the froth is stiff. Combine the flax and applesauce mixture. Add the egg whites, combine.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. After 2-3 folds you may need to add some water.
- Add the chocolate chunks. Spoon onto a sprayed sheet pan, do not bake off in large round shapes as it will not spread (no butter or sugar).
- Bake for 7-8 minutes at 350. Allow to cool. Under baking them will give you a moist chewy cookie!