Yields ½ Cup
--If you don’t like mushrooms, you will now!
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced--or 1 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp chili powder (or chipotle pepper powder)
- ¼ tsp black pepper (freshly ground)
- 4 Tbsp of tamari
- 4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb crimini or button mushrooms (cleaned)
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the garlic, cumin, chili powder, black powder, vinegar and tamari.
- Immerse the mushrooms completely in the marinade for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place the mushroom caps button side down on a baking dish. Brush marinade onto the mushrooms.
- Broil for 5 to 7 minutes, until the mushrooms looked baked (slightly wilted). Serve warm, or allow to cool to room temperature.
*You can store the remaining marinade in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks. Perfect for red meat, chicken, tofu or other vegetables.