Yields 4 Servings
- 1-2Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1Tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 Tbsp fresh tarragon
- salt & black pepper (to taste)
- 1 (15 oz) can white beans (great northern or navy—rinsed & drained)
- ¼ lb cooked shrimp (poached & shocked)
- 4 strips cooked bacon (chopped or 1/3 cup bacon bits)
- ½ cup thinly sliced scallions
- Poach shrimp in simmering water until pink, shock in an ice bath and remove shells.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mustard, vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, tarragon and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Combine the beans, cooked shrimp, diced bacon* and sliced scallions in a bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
*Kale can be sautéed with garlic separately, then added to the beans, shrimp and bacon.