- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can tomatoes with mild chilies, drained
- 1 clove garlic minced or pressed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder (optional)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup parsley or cilantro
- 1-2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 8 whole grain buns
- (Optional) veggie toppings and condiments
LET'S GET STARTED!
- Preheat oven to 450. Process the first seven ingredients using a blender or food processor.
- Remove 3/4 of the contents into a bowl. Add 1 Cup of rice to the blender and mix.
- When a thick paste forms, add the rest of the ingredients. (Blend more rice if needed.)
- Sauté the burgers on medium heat for 5 min each side, until both sides are browned.
- Bake in the oven to eliminate a gummy texture.
- Toast the buns and top with your favorite condiments.